Here are a few key features to know about when participating in a WebEx meeting in a role other than host. A video guide to this tutorial is embedded at the bottom of this story.
Under the main video window is a set of icons:
- Mic: Mute and unmute your microphone
- Video: Turn your video on and off
- Share Screen: Click here to choose any application you have open and share that screen in place of video from your camera
- Participants: Brings up the participant list
- Chat: Opens a chat window
- Leave: Exit the meeting
You can raise your hand to let the host know you want to talk. Hover over your name in the participant list and click the hand icon icon. When you’re done speaking, click it again to un-raise your hand.
To chat with the host (or any other user) privately, click on their name in the participant list and click the chat icon.
This will open a chat window at the bottom of the screen.
You can chat with everyone in the conference by clicking on “Send To” in this window and selecting “Everyone”.